Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Lessons

You're so deceitful and I fell right for it
and fell hard.
You knew of my good nature
and feelings for you
and you manipulated me into thinking
you could reciprocate those feelings to me.
Why did I let you do this to me
over and over again?
Why can't my heart release this poison?
You can do nothing for me
but hurt me.
You can never be what I need or deserve.
I beg my heart to lose this infatuation
for everyday it breaks a little more.
All I want so badly is to forget about you
and never go back to that piece of my history.
I want to lock you away
in a vault inside my mind
where other mishaps from my past lie.
I cannot call you a mistake
because I have learned from you.
I have learned a vital lesson
which I will never disobey again:
Hold on to your heart so tight,
Don't let it go out of your sight,
for if you do,
it can only be returned in pieces.

2 comments: