Monday, September 12, 2011

Hopeless Romantic

I see a cloudless night sky
where the stars glow among a silver moon
Wildlife is calm
and autumn's chill reaches my fingertips
My heart is weak for nights like these
Just a hopeless romantic
lost in a trance from a poetic night
When all seems impossible
in my twisted, turbulent existence
when my soul feels trapped
in the entirely wrong place
I turn to the night
and find a parallel to my sorrow
The pool of blackness
is a guide into my misery
Although a romantic
I am also hopeless
and for this petty soul
I fear there is no future
bright enough to compete with the sun
My heart desires one thing
which my mind claims to be dangerous
It will hinder my potential
to be utterly amazing
for it has stolen my heart from my sleeve
and has beaten and torn the life right out
to where I fear I will never
feel the same about life and love again

1 comment: