Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Night

The brightest part of my day
is the night.
The crescent in the sky
dazzles my vision.
Scores of fireflies
dance in the breeze.
Stars provide a freckle-faced sky.
The world revolves once more.
Every day my heart grows weaker
and at night it is empowered yet again.
The night is where I seek solace.
The darkness covers my existence
and heals my wounds
if only for the night.
In the night I am invisible
and can hide from the light of day.
For in the light the darkness of the world shines through,
but in the night the light is the only thing that shines.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. :) And being the night owl that I am, I very much relate to this. As much as I hate that I work every night right now, I still love the night. The day is just so vicious and overbearing. I prefer the darkness and stillness.

    ReplyDelete