Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Crossfire

Caught in a crossfire inside my mind,
I see a blur of uncertainty,
a large cloud covering my world in gray.
No light can escape to aid me.
The path is sharp and winding,
there is no room for me to continue on.
I must give up.
You knew I'd never make it.
You told me to my face everyday.
You'd say, "You're too weak for this world."
I thought I could prove you wrong,
I fell at your feet and begged for another fate.
A dagger strikes my hopes and dreams,
and suffocates the only thing I've ever known to be true:
My love for you will never die.
My vision is slowly flooding,
and I know I've lost you forever.
So run away, far away,
to unfamiliar places.
Give yourself a world, a life, I could only dream of.
I will suffer for eternity in a world of gray,
everyday knowing my biggest mistake:
I let you down in every possible way
and there is nothing I could do to get you back.

No comments:

Post a Comment